Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 47

     Man, last night I was on fire.Not literally, and sadly, not my hoop either. I was executing each of my moves so smoothly though. I'm surprised I'm improving steadily even though I haven't been focusing on perfecting my technique. My muscle memory must be kicking in. I think it helps that I've been avoiding using my 1/2 inch hoop also. That thing is so flimsy because it is only 110 psi. It flops around and is rather difficult to stabilize.
     I've decided to hold off NaNoWriMo because I have enough on my plate this month. Its not a challenge that'll make me feel proud to complete if I have to forfeit other priorities that are time sensitive. Though I can see how any other time in my life it would have been a big accomplishment. This month I'm too busy starting up businesses, keeping up my hooping challenge, and rearing a 10 month old to think about obligating myself to 1600 words a day of fiction. It was fun to write those first 3500 while it lasted though (My hard drive died and I've yet to see if the information was recoverable).
     I'm getting a bit more erratic with my movements. I'm excited to see if it looks sloppy or chic in a video. I have a feeling it'll look like both - no worries from me. It'll be nice to mix it up a bit. I need to do more arm hooping though. The last video I saw of myself my arms were flopping around like a flying squirrel. Its time to tone those up a bit with some lasso hooping for a few minutes on each arm.
     I'm almost half-way and I feel wonderful! I'm glad I took on this challenge. I may just keep going for another 100 days after I'm done. Or mix in some jogging to make it even more effective.
Goals:
     Find a new hooper on YouTube that inspires me. Post a video here.
Accomplishments:
     I am hooping rain or shine! I loved hooping in my big waterproof boots outside in the mist. I felt like a willow swaying in a cool swamp - with a hoop. I've began transforming my old favorite t-shirts into hoop workout shirts. I cut out the collar so that one of my shoulders is exposed - the old 80s look. This allows for one of my shoulders to be exposed and when I'm hooping on my upper body it feels like I am wearing a halter! (If you've ever hooped on your shoulders with a halter top you'd know that the grip on your skin with the hoop makes it incredibly easy to stabilize the hoop.)

     My computermust be set on uk- speak. Though I'm certain favorite is not spelled "favourite" and stabilize is not spelled "stabilise," my spellcheck seems to disagree. Tut tut...

No comments:

Post a Comment