Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 6: Taking it easy,

I suppose it should come as no surprise that I am already going to slow down my proposed hooping quota. I have tried this week to hoop at least 10 minutes a day and it has left me with hooping 45 min. one day (Day 2), 10 min (Day 3), 30 min (Day 5), and 20 min today (Day 6). I cannot fathom hooping another hour and 45 minutes all tomorrow! I know I could easily take that on about 3 years ago. Heck, that's how long my hooping sessions would normally be. However I am not ONLY hooping this time, and that makes a big difference.

Another big difference is that because I am already working out (stair climber 500 calories a workout/ 4 days week and Zumba 2-3 days a week), my current hooping is not really for maintaining fitness but for excelling my SKILL/TALENT. I am going to focus my hooping sessions on slower moves that don't take the wind out of me. Due to this, I am going to alter the hooping time/frequency.

I need to maximize my muscle memory. To do this, I must hoop EVERYDAY for 10 minutes. This is not a daunting number that sends chills down my spine. I can go upstairs and do this while hubby watches the babe (She tends to walk right into my hooping session and I will need uninterrupted focus to really practice.

Today when I was slowing down after sweating bullets for 15 minutes straight, I worked on my isolations. They were so sloppy and all over the place! I couldn't believe it. I'm sure my muscle fatigue had a small part in it... but I couldn't get it PERFECT like I was able to at the end of my other 100 hoop challenge.


In order to maximize my at-home perfection sessions, I am going to need to setup a large mirror somewhere. That is the next task at hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment