Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 1

     I've begun my exciting journey of hooping at least 15 minutes for 100 days. I chose 100 days because: it wasn't a year, a month seemed too short, and it didn't seem too long to get the results I want. I am aiming to become more strong and toned in this workout regimen. I know that watching the scale everyday and counting calories puts me in a serious mood. I don't want to be serious about this, I want to have good, clean, responsible fun!
     I am a new mother and I gained about 30 pounds after having my bundle of joy. I didn't drop it in 6 weeks like some women can do. It stuck around, much to my enjoyment, and now I want to say goodbye before my daughter turns 1 year old. Her birthday is January 11th, which is another reason why 100 days fits so nicely! 
     I love hooping and hoopdancing and I wanted to create something for the world to learn from. What's remarkable about this type of exercise is that it really does feel like you're playing and having fun. I have hooped for 3 years and it is still not a practice that I find redundant. I want to prove that hooping can be just as effective as jogging or cycling when set in the proper regimen. I will do this by utilizing my Trilogy Hooping concept.
    Trilogy Hooping is the use of three types of hoops for one workout. Because it focuses on specific parts of your body, it works out your entire body through focusing on each area, not just your tummy. I go out to a large open space, anywhere I desire, and with an mp3 player pumping inspiring tunes to some speakers or some headphones, I pick up a new hoop for each song that plays. With this, I am able to have variety and it keeps my workout new and exciting. I believe that running or cycling do not present this and that they can become tiring psychologically. A tired attitude lends itself to a tired body very quickly.
     For my upper body, I use a set of mini or twin hoops. This makes my upper body strong and increases my flexibility with each workout. I love looking up new moves on YouTube that influence my style and give me something to work on. I prefer twins because I am still hoping to one day be able to use them on my body at the same time. Mini's are also wonderful; I think they tone  your forearms/wrists more than Twins because they move so quickly. The weight of twins helps me to isolate my shoulders and biceps. I feel like a warrior woman after I use my twins!
    For my core I use my heavy 1-inch-tubing hoop. It tends to move itself because of how heavy it is, but it takes a mighty strong push from my abdominals to get it going. That is why its great for slimming your waistline. I want to build stronger muscles under my baby residual blubber so that I can increase how many calories my body demands. I know it is important to create muscles to burn off surplus weight. As much as I love being cuddly for my baby, I wouldn't mind a more rigid physique, as I'm sure many would agree. That's why I use my heavy hoop after my twins.
     Lastly, I use a standard, lightweight hoop to become the goddess that I am. I love to honor my body with dance; hoopdancing with my standard hoop is how I achieve that. Because it is thin and lightweight, it moves up and down my body with a flow that puts water to shame! (Not that I wish to shame water, that's my element!) Without putting my foot in my mouth anymore, I'll just say that hoopdancing really is best with a thin/light hoop. It has quicker revolutions as well, so it looks like you're hooping mad fast- which also feels pretty good to accomplish on top of looking awesome. I do all my tricks: throws, hops, jumps, groundwork, and anything else... with my thin hoop. Heavy hoops do not feel good when they accidentally hit you in the face or back of the neck after a move is not properly executed. So keep your trixy hoops lightweight!
    So that is what I'll be doing for the next 100 days. I'll be putting my Hoop for 100 days challenge to test by practicing my Trilogy Hooping concept. In the meantime I'll be setting up my webpage and making more YouTube videos so that I can give back to all those people who helped me learn their tricks through online videos. If anyone else is out there, I urge you to try the Hoop for 100 days challenge as well. I bet it'll change your perspective about how effective hooping really is as a total body workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment