Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 22

I've been "limiting" myself as I said I wouldn't. This is due to several job obligations. I've started a new business of selling auctioned items from storage units. Its very exciting but a lot of hard work. I still have time to pick up my hoop at night time and hoop for at least 15 minutes. I'll always make time for that!

Day 22 has arrived quickly! I like that my hoop scene where I shoot my videos is getting seasonified. I wanted the area to have the appearance of time elapsing. It looks cold today which would be a nice scene except for the fact that its also getting dark very early. I can feel the "Fall back" approaching. I don't like that going to work at 4 in the morning means I will be in the dark unloading boxes and searching through junk (I will be starting to sell junk at flea markets after this week for some extra dough).

After reviewing my video and watching a video by Brecken77 on Youtube here, I realized I need to be more flexible and bendy... which is why I've started to stretch more before and after my workout. Not only then, but I have been stretching more throughout my day. I would like to one day accomplish the splits or at least a very very high kick which would accompany my kick-outs when I hoop on one leg.

Goals: Become more flexible in my hooping. I noticed that my inner thighs are touching a lot when I reviewed my hooping video. I want to be more open in my stance, to take up more presence. To achieve this I will widen my stance, as if I am on a horse. I think this will help me to use more of my core for hooping instead of my legs. Also, I will do more pelvic tilts while hooping to decrease the rigidity I feel I present when I hoopdance.

Accomplishments: Hooping in silence was like walking in silence. There wasn't much special to it. However if I was practicing sustained spinning while hooping, my body was focusing on keeping proper posture and not falling. This along with my eyes being led by the spiral, creating an endless circle of shapes around my body, was extremely meditative. It turned off my higher ape and mammal mind and allowed me to feel a quiet peace. I recommend sustained spinning for all hoopers.

No comments:

Post a Comment