Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 15

There's nothing better in the world than to have this back pain diminish. Its been constant since Zora was born. It would ache so annoyingly as soon as I would lay down, like my spine was having to realign itself. I'm happy to report that I have not felt this dull boring pain in the past few days!

Hooping has started to become a habit. I love when it feels like that. My body reminds me to hoop, its not my mind anymore. Having a slightly more dense body is giving me an overall energy boost too. My stronger body is also welcoming stronger willpower. I've been avoiding certain temptations which used to be a necessity: blueberry scones. I don't even like scones, I don't know how I got suckered into them in the first place. Nevertheless, they are dead to me now. Now its fresh squeezed carrot juice! (Which takes about 10 carrots to produce).

I don't want to botch the true results too much by making it a diet-based weight loss. I want the hooping to really be the star. But honestly, the hooping really beckons this type of healthy-living behavior. When I decide to just hoop without music I am there with my thoughts. These thoughts lead to a character change, and through my actions, they become reality.

At sunset the birds chirp in the trees around my house. I grab my hoop and start hooping around my waist. When I hear a new bird call I do either a trick or I change direction. It feels good to tune into the rhythms of the world. I'll make that the goal this time around.

Goals:Hoop in silence. I want to pay attention to where my mind's conversation leads. Does it discuss hooping? Stress of my day? Affirmations? I will write a post about what the act of hooping did to affect my thought progression.

Accomplishments: I made the hoop videos! I downloaded a new program to get my hoop videos up! Now I need to learn it - but finding a decent program with linux has really  been half the battle. Oh, and did I mention I lost 3 pounds so far? *pulls fist down through the air saying "Yess!"*

I took some photos of my hoop loveliness and my hoop lovelies- the new and improved hula hoop with streamers! They're quite foofoo and I love them. I'll get them out to others as soon as I have more time to make them. I expect this winter I'll be more prone to dispersing them.



2 comments:

  1. Cute :)

    How did you stick the streamers on? Just tape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! This hula hooping is a great idea. When I was a kid I loved it and was pretty dang good if I do say so myself. You have inspired me to pick up the hoop! I love the streamers. :-)

    ReplyDelete