Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 10

     I barely squeezed in 15 minutes of hooptime last night before I went to sleep. I noticed that this tends to keep me awake for longer into the night. I suppose it does make sense. When you workout your metabolism gets higher. It doesn't seem like a good idea to workout a little before you go to sleep because that only energizes your body. Adversely, it does help to fall asleep if you work yourself out until your dog tired. So next time if I'm stuck hooping before bed, I'll make sure I keep hooping til I'm starting to feel worn out and have a nice sweat going.
     After working on my accuracy with the Trilogy Hooping technique I am now focusing on my speed. I attempted to hoop as fast as I could while not dropping the hoop. It was a bit hazardous, but tons of fun. I noticed that my 1/2" light hoop doesn't hold up under the pressure of my chest breaks. So I am going to upgrade to a 3/4" tube with higher resistance to bending. Eventually I'll have to make an order for HDPE tubing. Not only because I want to make myself a pair of LED mini's, but also because that type of tubing is very resilient and has a decent bend radius.
     I am going to get some mirrors together so that I can have an area to hoop where I can see myself. I don't have a studio nearby so I'll have to make one at home. A mirror is important because it helps you identify your accuracy. I've been hooping at sunset and watching my reflection for guidelines on my planes and accuracy, but it won't be as effective as a mirror. I just wish my two large pitbulls weren't so crazed. I'm afraid they'll stomp my "studio." I will start looking for a place to rent. I will need it soon anyways for when I get my class scheduled.

Goals: Make another hoop video today of myself practicing Trilogy Hooping. "Work" the camera and make the video be like a performance, as if there were an audience there. (If I upload it, there WILL be an audience!)

Accomplishments: I smiled a lot, but I didn't smile non-stop. My face started to hurt. I sped up my routine and it helped to dazzle my performance. I smoothed out my arm movements and I tried marching (like I used to do in marching bad a billion years ago). It helped to keep my steps and body as still as possible while maintaining hoop circulation. I danced light on my feet as well. I would hop around on my tip toes, taking minimal hard steps, while I hooped. I was inspired by a native american video about dancing light on the earth as a way to thank her for taking on our burdens.

Happy World Hoop Day

1 comment:

  1. I lost tons of weight by using a product called Phentermine, it's very safe to use and I had ordered it from www.medsheaven.com I recommend this for anyone who wants to lose weight very fast, quickly and easily, best product I've ever tried, it works very well.

    ReplyDelete