Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 7

     I've been having a busy week prepping the house for a new load of boxes from our old house. It would feel like Christmas, you know... opening all those boxes stowed away for months. However the home we moved into is much smaller without any large storage containers (our old home had two). Its not so bad purging myself of the past by tossing or selling my old favorites. Though for every 4 pieces of clothing or shoes I give away, I get enough money back to buy 1 new. Its good to downsize. And speaking of such- onto my results thus far!
     My answer for desserts is that if I want to enjoy anything processed and sugary, I must do it in the morning and I will maintain portion control. As for my "evening dessert/snack" it can only be cold, delicious, ripe fruit. I'll have to stash up on some organic strawberries before they get out of season. And I won't deny myself the occasional smoothie with berries, milk, and banana; yum!
     I don't like publishing stats on my body, but here it is in hopes that my honesty will force me to face reality. I started all this craziness at 174 pounds and 5'5" tall. Ouch... now I kind of feel better for saying it though. This is the type of profile I had in junior highschool (which happens to coincide with the period of my lowest confidence). Right now I am at 171 and I've lost 2.5" on my hips and waist. The thinnest I've ever been in my life is 140 pounds (At the age of 22). And I dream of one day being 125. I'm not doing an overall body mod but I suppose I could start so that I can keep track of the total results. (The scientist in me loves data!)
Goals:
     I want to complete a Trilogy Hooping routine while smiling non-stop. I believe the smiling will affect my mood, making me actually feel happier and more confident in my hooping. My long term goal with this is to always be smiling when I am hooping (unless I'm trying to appear animalistic or some other mood where smiling may seem inappropriate).
Accomplishments:
     I succeeded in hooping each of my sets without dropping the hoop. I found the standard hoop while hoopdancing to be the most difficult because I would often fail to execute a move and would find myself tossing the hoop, which I expected. I had to practice a very simple set of tricks. My aim with this was to practice my performance abilities. Experts don't drop the hoop. Therefore if I want to be an expert, I better not drop the hoop! I'll continue to work on not dropping the hoop.
     I also succeeded in performing Caroleeena's behind the back toss. I executed it in my first try! That feels so great when it works out the way you want it to. I need to tart working on editing my videos now. I wish there was something I could use on this Linux system. If I can get it to work then that'll be another accomplishment by itself.

Caroleena's behind the back toss is presented here:



  

No comments:

Post a Comment